Team Leader/Java Developer
Are you interested in working for a market leader in a fast-growing industry?
We are looking for somebody who wants to make a difference, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and most importantly, wants to help build software quickly but also to the highest possible quality.
Realistic Games is a private, online gaming company founded in 2002. We are a leading supplier of high-quality, online gaming products. Check out our About Us page for more info.
Want to apply to this amazing role? Drop us an email (email@example.com) with your CV and covering letter attached and the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
The candidate will also work as part of the Development team with the following responsibilities:
- Work effectively within an autonomous structure – taking accountability for your own patch, but also supporting others when necessary (as they will do for you).
- Provide careful, thoughtful, useful code contributions to continue our journey towards delivering high quality online gaming to our customers.
- Document your good work and share with your team so that others can benefit from your contributions.
- Continuously learning new approaches to coding, developing great content, and providing a superior output that will help keep Realistic Games in a highly competitive position in our crowded marketplace.
- Regular 1:1 with team members.
- Day to day general line management.
- Managing quarterly and annual employee performance reviews including identifying training requirements.
Required Skills and Experience
The potential candidate must have at least 5+ years’ experience within a Java Developer role for a software development team/company including team leader experience with line management tasks.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Management/Team Leadership.
- Core Java development skill set (including Java 8).
- Ability to turn designs into fully functioning code.
- Work as an individual or in a team to deliver projects.
- Excellent English communication skills for collaborative development, both written and verbally.
- Advanced Java, Object Oriented programming skills.
- Exposure to the full Java EE stack..
- Knowledge of Dependency Injection.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Insights into Java internals such as Memory Management, Transaction management and Garbage Collection.
- Good knowledge of SQL and ORM technologies (JPA, Hibernate).
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Knowledge of XML, JSON.
The following background knowledge/skills are required:
- Strong Leading and Management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Team player.
- Natural trouble-shooter with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Able to work creatively and contribute at all levels to the growth and development of the company.
- Discretionary Bonus.
Primary Place Of Work:
Reading Office, 8th Floor North, Reading Bridge House, Reading Bridge, George Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 8LS.
Core Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:30 (except Bank Holidays).
Benefits (after successful completion of 3 month's probation):
- Pension plan.
- Employee Cash Plan.
- Life Assurance.
- Child Care Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
Want to apply to this amazing role? Drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV and covering letter attached, and the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!